Discussion: West Virginia Center For Unexplained EventsReported This is a featured thread

Showing 5 posts

Fredsaluga
West Virginia Center For Unexplained Events
May 16 2011, 12:17 PM EDT | Post edited: May 16 2011, 12:17 PM EDT
I recently moved to West Virginia and am looking for any type of unexplained event that may have taken place in West Virginia at any time in West Virginia's history. I am looking for something that you may have seen and cannnot explain or something that may have happened to you that you cannot explain. I would be willing to meet with you if necessary. Do you find this valuable?    
BunkieLA
BunkieLA
1. RE: West Virginia Center For Unexplained Events
May 18 2011, 3:05 AM EDT | Post edited: May 18 2011, 3:05 AM EDT
Dear Fred, all I can say right now about what I do know about strange goings-on in West Virginia has to do with conspiracies, cults, and people who look upon the late Ed Kennedy as their hero (think Chappaquiddok; I know I did not spell that right). The keywords here at P & M are West Virginia, Cults, Nazis, and 1954 -- and that's for starters.

It has been noted at P & M that Native Americans (just say Native, as one of the members, Wayawoman, has asked), that even these folks told potential settlers that the West Virginia area was not a good place to settle. It was too full of what we would describe as paranormal goings-on.

I am going to send you my e-mail address via your member avatar. I would be very interested in giving you leads on some of the unexplained events going on in West Virginia that have had painful and disruptive effects on my own life from sources I will describe as "right next door".
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

Fsaluga
2. RE: West Virginia Center For Unexplained Events
May 24 2011, 2:29 PM EDT | Post edited: May 24 2011, 2:29 PM EDT
Hi

Can you send an e-mail to Paranormal1949@aol.com. I really would appreciate it. Thanks for the reply.

Fred
Do you find this valuable?    

the_cryptid_hunter
3. RE: West Virginia Center For Unexplained Events
Aug 16 2013, 8:58 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 16 2013, 8:58 PM EDT
I am very interested in cryptids in the State of WestVirginia. Any information would be of great help. Do you find this valuable?    
BunkieLA
BunkieLA
4. RE: West Virginia Center For Unexplained Events
Sep 1 2013, 5:30 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 1 2013, 5:30 PM EDT
The big daddy of all the cryptid stories from West Virginia is of course about Mothman! (put in word as keyword to search this site). Also, put in the keyword WV or WestVirginia; the search program also picks up words in plain text. The kind of book to look for is Monster Hunt: The Guide to Cryptozoology by Rory Storm. (Many listings of related books can be found at sites like Amazon. You don't have to buy them, though. Order them through interlibrary loan at your local library, probably for free.)

As to what might be out there? Start with Native American stories. Then stories from the colonists. Again, ask the librarian in your local history department to get you started, too. There are whole groups of cryptids like Bigfoot and Sasquatch that seem to have the run of the entire continent of North America.

Good luck in your researches!
Do you find this valuable?