Discussion: Why, do you suppose, would the government want to cover up Bigfoot?Reported This is a featured thread

Showing 1 - 20 of 38  |  Show  posts at a time
2 | Next
dianalward
dianalward
Why, do you suppose, would the government want to cover up Bigfoot?
Jan 1 2009, 3:41 PM EST | Post edited: Jan 1 2009, 3:41 PM EST
I have read many other accounts over the years that sounded like officials of whatever stripe were doing their best to cover up Bigfoot sightings, just as they do with UFOs. Why do you think they might do that? I can somewhat see it re. UFOs, but if Bigfoot is just a cryptid ape, that would cause no public panic. Could it be that what we are sighting are products of some government experimenting, or aliens, or trans-dimensional creatures, or "Neanderthals" coming through a "time hole" as has been speculated about the black cats and supposedly prehistoric creatures such as giant "birds" and such that are continually reported all over the world? What do you think? 7  out of 7 found this valuable. Do you?    
BishopCollins
BishopCollins
1. RE: Why, do you suppose, would the government want to cover up Bigfoot
Mar 2 2009, 3:09 AM EST | Post edited: Mar 2 2009, 3:09 AM EST
interesting theory. maybe plausible denibility is the best route for some people. Ignore it all and stick your fingers in your ears; Pray. Lather, Rinse, Repeat. 4  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
dianalward
dianalward
2. RE: Why, do you suppose, would the government want to cover up Bigfoot
Mar 2 2009, 7:30 AM EST | Post edited: Mar 2 2009, 7:30 AM EST
"interesting theory. maybe plausible denibility is the best route for some people. Ignore it all and stick your fingers in your ears; Pray. Lather, Rinse, Repeat."
Basically, "What you don't know won't hurt you" ?
2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
BishopCollins
BishopCollins
3. RE: Why, do you suppose, would the government want to cover up Bigfoot
Mar 2 2009, 8:14 AM EST | Post edited: Mar 2 2009, 8:14 AM EST
"Basically, "What you don't know won't hurt you" ?"
yup

2  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
walter9mitty
walter9mitty
4. RE: Why, do you suppose, would the government want to cover up Bigfoot
Mar 5 2009, 12:21 PM EST | Post edited: Mar 5 2009, 12:21 PM EST
As I have been reading about zoological mysteries for many decades, I can think of one reason why the government is keeping a lid on the facts about Big Foot. There might be a stampede of Big Foot watchers (like "twitchers in England for little birds known as "bee eaters"), into the North Woods. But there is another reason a bit more practical; the body odor of a Big Foot (according to published stories), is enough to "knock you flat'. Suppose one of those watchers managed to bring home a Big Foot; the legal ramifications of keeping an exotic animal would have to come into play. Simply put, Big Foot is a critter best left alone. 2  out of 5 found this valuable. Do you?    
badgirliam
badgirliam
5. RE: Why, do you suppose, would the government want to cover up Bigfoot?
Mar 7 2009, 7:59 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 28 2010, 6:49 PM EST
No one within the government wants to deal with the career-bomb that seems to be "Bigfoot". Another large consideration is; what if some redneck type decided to take his dogs and fellow hunters on a Bigfoot search? What good can come of shooting a big hairy ape. Well, other than bragging rights. What most don't consider is that this is very well-by all descriptions, a Homo Sapien, a Neanderthal. Either way it should be protected from poachers. If the government wants to sit back and say it's a farce, then they should pull their heads out of the sand and take a good long look at reality, cause it's looking right back at them. 1  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
walter9mitty
walter9mitty
6. RE: Why, do you suppose, would the government want to cover up Bigfoot
Mar 8 2009, 4:43 PM EDT | Post edited: Mar 8 2009, 4:43 PM EDT
Here is an anthology of the strange worth looking at, or buying on the low price shelves at your local chain bookstores: MYSTERIES OF THE WORLD, by Herbert Genzmer & Ulrich Hellenbrand; Paragon, c. 2007. See the section on "Ape Men" that starts on page 244; also "Yeti", on page 242. Clearly no one is censoring these kinds of stories that come from ordinary people. My impression, judging from the original question, is why don't we hear any reports of encounters from people connected to the government or involved in government contracts? I'm afraid this issue is going to come down to death-bed confessions as we have all seen in other subject areas in this website. 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    

Basilides_The_Gnosti
7. RE: Why, do you suppose, would the government want to cover up Bigfoot?
Aug 4 2009, 8:32 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 4 2009, 8:34 PM EDT
I suspect the reason that Uncle Sammy wishes to cover up Bigfoot is that if Bigfoot's existence were proven, it could topple much of darwinian evolutionism right into the old crapper. In the 1990s when the bones of Kennewick Man were discovered in Washington State and determined not to be Native American but a member of the Celtic race, the govt instantly woke up and had the Army Corps of Engineers bury the discovery site in concrete to prevent discovery of any other pesky discoveries disproving the darwinian time-line of human descent. A short time ago, a human foot print, 40 thousand years old, was discovered in Mexico. Quickly, thanks to news media cooperation, that discovery was soon forgotten about. Go to http://www.edconrad.com and you'll find a site regarding a topic that science and govt would sell their souls into hell to prevent our discovery of it. Look up the word "Yonaguni," on the Internet, and you'll receive a bonus second bang for your single buck!

The first article I ever read about chupacabra had to do with FBI personnel swarming about El Yunque National Forest in Puerto Rico and chasing away tourists. Why was the FBI involved in a matter concerning a truly cryptid life-form. Oh, they would proabably say they were chasing narco-terrorists in the jungles, but that one is just too handy for this topic. On a later ocassion, a chupacabra was alledged to have been shot somewhere in South America (the nation in particular, I forget) and NASA personnel were said to be skulking about wearing jackets with the acronym NASA on their backs. If they were real NASA personnel, wearing those jackets would have been quite dumb. If they wanted to create a red herring concerning their true identity, then this was a fine ploy. Then again NASA has been alleged to have deep involvement with the occult as Hoagland & Bera assert in their book "Dark Mission: The Secret History of Nasa."
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    

lancesergeant
8. RE: Why, do you suppose, would the government want to cover up Bigfoot?
Aug 5 2009, 4:25 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 5 2009, 4:25 AM EDT
Checked on yonaguni on the web. What came up made me think of Graham Hancocks documentary which I had watched recently on youtube. Checked further down low and behold these were the sites he visited. It is postulated that these are related to those off the East Coast of the USA and which are now up as the latest site for the lost city of Atlantis. It's funny - how they lose a plane a fortnight and two, two ships a week in the area and no one seems to flash up concern and the US Coastguard apparently don't seem concerned.

Why has the US government never put some big bucks down and put the speculation and mystery to sleep. If this was an isolated area of the globe, it might be understood, but this is on their own doorstep. I think the link between this and Yonaguni make them more likely twins than cousins. If Yonaguni and the Bermuda Triangle are related it would explain the apathy in investigation. Also Japan has it's own version of the Bermuda Triangle, called the Devil's something or other - wonder if that is near it or related to it.

Funny how they are a few thousand miles from land - just out of reach but near enough to the mainland - continental America and the east coast of Asia/China.
1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
BunkieLA
BunkieLA
9. RE: Why, do you suppose, would the government want to cover up Bigfoot
Aug 6 2009, 3:25 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 6 2009, 3:25 PM EDT
The clear logic is this: If you could not make sense of an animal that goes where it will, when it will, especially if that conflicts with your attempts to ensure national security, would you let the stories get out? 2  out of 4 found this valuable. Do you?    
MufonMan
MufonMan
10. RE: Why, do you suppose, would the government want to cover up Bigfoot
Aug 9 2009, 11:08 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 9 2009, 11:08 AM EDT
This is Jeffrey from the Sanger Paranormal Society. When we posted the photo of the Bigfoot, people came out of no where and said right off the bat that the photo was a bear or a hoax. I believe the Government has people who monitor the web and when someone post a photo of a UFO, Bigfoot, Chupacabra or anything paranormal, their job is to debunk it. I read what some people were saying about our photo and some of the stuff they were saying was stupid and just did not make sense. I know your out there and I am watching you guys......... 6  out of 6 found this valuable. Do you?    
badgirliam
badgirliam
11. RE: Why, do you suppose, would the government want to cover up Bigfoot
Aug 9 2009, 12:10 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 9 2009, 12:10 PM EDT
"This is Jeffrey from the Sanger Paranormal Society. When we posted the photo of the Bigfoot, people came out of no where and said right off the bat that the photo was a bear or a hoax. I believe the Government has people who monitor the web and when someone post a photo of a UFO, Bigfoot, Chupacabra or anything paranormal, their job is to debunk it. I read what some people were saying about our photo and some of the stuff they were saying was stupid and just did not make sense. I know your out there and I am watching you guys........."
Can you provide a link to the photo, please?
Do you find this valuable?    
MufonMan
MufonMan
12. RE: Why, do you suppose, would the government want to cover up Bigfoot
Aug 9 2009, 5:27 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 9 2009, 5:27 PM EDT
"Can you provide a link to the photo, please?"
www.SangerParanormalSociety.com
3  out of 3 found this valuable. Do you?    
badgirliam
badgirliam
13. RE: Why, do you suppose, would the government want to cover up Bigfoot
Aug 9 2009, 8:24 PM EDT | Post edited: Aug 9 2009, 8:24 PM EDT
"www.SangerParanormalSociety.com"
Thank you kindly Jeffrey for providing the link.
I can't make out for certain what's in your group's picture. I wish I could. I believe we have large upright animals in our country, and in yours.
The pictures of unknown lights at night made me feel a little creeped out. What do you and your fellow comrades think caused them?
Do you find this valuable?    
MufonMan
MufonMan
14. RE: Why, do you suppose, would the government want to cover up Bigfoot
Aug 10 2009, 6:02 AM EDT | Post edited: Aug 10 2009, 6:02 AM EDT
Take the picture of the Bigfoot and download it to your computer then select a program that you have where you can zoom in on it, that way you can see the feature's of the creature. The lights, no clue, these photo's were taken in deep forest, no cars no flash lights and remember, this land is sacred land to the indians. Do you find this valuable?    
oscargoodwin
oscargoodwin
15. RE: Why, do you suppose, would the government want to cover up Bigfoot?
Jan 3 2010, 11:59 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 3 2010, 11:59 AM EST
If the government is trying to cover up bigfoot it might be that it is the missing link and they think a discovery such as that my star another one of those Science vs Religion wars that the only thing i can think of Do you find this valuable?    
BunkieLA
BunkieLA
16. RE: Bigfoot massacre?
Jan 5 2010, 6:07 AM EST | Post edited: Jan 5 2010, 6:07 AM EST
Read Lon's posting to the P&M blog about the film of the limping female bigfoot. The way I read the commentary about the alleged massacre of the Sasquatch (choose your name) is that these creatures a highly intelligent. They are curious about government sites, and go investigating. It is like the other "non tourist friendly" animals out west; if they are not cute and attract tourists, like bear or deer, then they are in the way. Either they are relocated, or they are quietly done away with. Do you find this valuable?    
Bukwas
Bukwas
17. RE: Why, do you suppose, would the government want to cover up Bigfoot?
Sep 25 2011, 12:24 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 25 2011, 12:24 PM EDT
as someone who was a close friend of late Rene' Dahinden and a 39 year veteran sasquatch investigator, the answer is in the money, should the species be formally recognizes, the logging industry and associated businesses would be paralized for years while the scientific community worked to determine their habitat, etc. The forests would be shut down overnight pending such investigations. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
Bukwas
Bukwas
18. RE: Why, do you suppose, would the government want to cover up Bigfoot?
Sep 25 2011, 12:33 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 25 2011, 12:33 PM EDT
I experienced this once in the mid 1990's in the Mt Adams area of Washington state, one gentleman whom I worked with referred his father to me, knowing I was a Sasquatch investigator, his father and a friend had been scouting an area for the up coming hunting season and came upon foorptints they were certain had been made by a Sasquatch, a substantial number of them along a very dusty logging road. Now this road had been inaccessable being closed to the public for many years and they had gone cross country to get to an old favorite hunting area, this is where the footprints were discovered. on their way leaving the area, they encountered a forest service supervisor, and told him of the find. They immediately contacted me through the one man's son then arranged the same day to take me to the find, when we arrived a few hours later, a forest service water truck had "misted" the road with water, it looked as though it had rained heavily, the reason given for this was thr fire hazard that time of year...strange is that the only place the road had been misted was where the footprints had been! and the two hunters also mentioned that this supervisor was going to the place with a very expensive looking camera to document what they had found. Sounds like covering up to me, plus when I tried to find this particular supervisor at all the regional forest service offices, he did not exist! 2  out of 2 found this valuable. Do you?    
Bukwas
Bukwas
19. RE: Why, do you suppose, would the government want to cover up Bigfoot?
Sep 25 2011, 12:42 PM EDT | Post edited: Sep 25 2011, 12:42 PM EDT
Thinking about this, there was one other time an incident like this came into my knowledge, I had a friend who owned and operated the Eagles cliff store and campground near Mt St Helens, not far from the town of cougar, this was also in the 1990's, he told me on one such visit that footprints had been discovered by a nearby creek, and that I should go look, so fortunately I had my field team with me and we drove the short distance, and we thoroughly searched the entire creek area, no tracks were found. We returned to his store where his sister told me that a forest service biologist had been there earlier in the day, he was the source of the information about the Sasquatch track discovery, and that he and others from the local forest service office had checked this out and indeed there had been numerous footprints which he had photographed and documented. She gave me his name but again when I inquieried about this person I was told no such person existed, something very straange going on. 1  out of 1 found this valuable. Do you?    
2 | Next

Related Content

(what's this?Related ContentThanks to keyword tags, links to related pages and threads are added to the bottom of your pages. Up to 15 links are shown, determined by matching tags and by how recently the content was updated; keeping the most current at the top. Share your feedback on WikiFoundry Central.)